All Attendees will receive complimentary workbooks to keep for their own retirement needs. You don’t want to miss this important event especially with the markets today and the new tax laws.
Many of the retirement strategies utilized by our parents have grown outdated and may no longer be applicable for those looking to retire today. This class compares and contrasts the old retirement paradigms of yesteryear and the new paradigms of today. Attendees will discover how to insulate themselves from the risks of rising taxes, reduce market exposure, create income, social security taxation, and how to avoid common mistakes that increase the chances or running out of money as you distribute your assets in retirement.
This course is designed to give each attendee a comprehensive and Plain-English financial education, while also exposing various pitfalls and risks that threaten to derail many retirees today.
This event is purely educational – no specific products or services will be offered.
• The old retirement vs. TODAY’S retirement
• How to create a clear vision for retirement that could lead to less stress and more happiness.
• Goals based financial planning vs. Lifestyle income planning
• Why experts say tax rates could double
• How rising taxes may affect your retirement cash flow
• The “Catch 22” of 401k’s and IRA’s
• How lost deductions may affect your taxes in retirement
• The SECURE Act and why it matters
• The three basic retirement accounts
• How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income
• What’s better for you: tax-deferred or tax-free accounts?
• How to define a “true” tax-free investment
• When should you convert to a Roth?
• How IRA’s and 401k’s cause Social Security taxation
• Strategies to reduce or eliminate taxes in retirement
• How the new rules on “Rate of Withdrawal” affect People Nearing Retirement
• How to ensure you won’t run out of money in retirement
• How to liquidate retirement assets in the right order
• How to eliminate “sequence of returns” risk
• The impact of dramatic market loss in retirement
• Is “buy and hold” appropriate in retirement?
• How to safeguard against two types of investment risk
• How to shield your assets from stock market volatility
• Why “asset allocation” alone may not be enough
• How to truly diversify your retirement portfolio
Over the past decade, individuals have become more responsible for their retirement than ever before, which means that the need for smart and proactive financial planning has never been greater.
Foundation for Retirement is a two-day course that starts at the beginning of the retirement planning process and focuses on key foundational concepts such as goal-setting, living expense calculations, and inflation planning. You may learn more about your retirement through this course than ever before.
This course is held nationwide and has been written, updated and unique to living in SW Florida.
• How to invest and retire in today’s economy
• How to create a retirement income plan
• How to estimate and account for potential increases in healthcare costs
• How to determine how much risk is appropriate for your retirement
• And much more!
This educational course was developed for adults ages 55-70 with at least $250,000 or more of investible assets. There is no cost or obligation, but seating is limited. Reserve your spot today!